Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busy Benny

People always ask me if Irish Terriers dig. Until now I've said, "Well, I've never had a digger, but I've read that they can enjoy digging in the yard." Enter busy Benny, digger extraordinaire.

As if the California drought wasn't enough, it seems that the Irish Terriers in this house have formed a pact to rid the yard of every blade of grass. First, there is the never ending traffic as Irish Terriers who are inside want to go outside and Irish Terriers who are outside want to come inside; then there is the lure of relieving one's doggy self on that nice green stuff. Somehow the grass was holding its own until recently. Now there are small black holes popping up around the yard and there is a small red puppy who often runs into the house with mouthfuls of sod and dirt which he deposits on my woven rug. That activity sets me in motion as I rush in with the vacuum to clean and then I dash outside to spray the hole with Bitter Apple. It seems to work on that hole but boy Benny knows that there is always more territory to excavate.

He's lucky that he is so cute.

4 comments:

  1. Mr Benny IS SO CUTE!!! That face!! Prince Murph and the Bennito will have to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennito went crazy today when he saw a dog. First time. He saw other dogs and was just normally excited. For this one he barked and caused the owners to pick up their dog - A Cavalier, what do you expect. As they were hugging their dog they said, "oh but your dogs are so cute" Shades of Murph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute but crazy. You should see Orla when she gets her dander up...or more acurately, you should HEAR her when really lets go. Hard to describe but quite astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shades of Murph! I love how well put that is! I have given in to the fact that Murphy on a leash around another dog he doesn't know will never be "a walk in the park"!!! He now wears a head collar which helps a tad...

    ReplyDelete